Thursday, February 14, 2013

Turtles!

This past weekend, I found a post on the Misawa Websales about a couple of turtles that needed a good home.  They came with a tank and some food...  I adopted them.  I was so excited to bring them home to the boys that I forgot to ask what kind they were and how old, but after some research, I found out they are Reeves Turtles.  They are from Asia and are quite a hardy breed! 


Their names were "Crush and Squirt"...  We were quite happy to have them!  The kids loved the idea of having turtles!  During the weekend, I went out and found a newer larger tank for them.  The tank they came with wasn't very big at all...  The aquariums here are not very big, and it's unfortunate that I sold my 55 gallon tank before I left... :(  But how was I suppose to know that we would adopt some turtles? Oh well. C'est La Vie!

 
After talking with a new friend here, we confirmed that we had Reeves Turtles and that they sell hatchlings at Homac... Well as many times as I had been there recently, I told her I hadn't seen them and so she took me that afternoon to show me.  I fell in love with the munchkin turtles, and decided that if we are going to have Turtles, then we will do it right...  We must have 4 turtles... just like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...  So I adopted 2 baby turtles from Homac and bought some baby turtle food...  The tank I had gotten the first set of turtles in is plenty big for these guys, so I went ahead and set both tanks up for both sets of turtles.

 
We named the older ones Raphael and Leonardo.  The younger are Michelangelo and Donnatello.  Now to get the tanks to look even better, I am in search of TMNT aquarium decor...  There's not much out there, so I'm gonna have to get creative. :)


 
The babies are so tiny!  They are only about the size of a 500Yen piece...  Or a half dollar in American terms... LOL  Each one of them has their own personalities!  We are loving them very much! 

Don't worry, the Cat and Rabbit are still extremely loved too!  We are a very loving family!  And as always, my house is becomming a ZOO. :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Cute .....just stinking cute :) . Look for ceramic toys. I used and Alice salt shaker in my fish tank for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's a great Idea! I'll keep my eye out for ceramics. :)

      Delete