Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Breakfast sandwiches on the cheap!

I love a good ham/sausage/scrapple, egg and cheese on a bagel/English muffin/biscuit sandwich for breakfast... But with the prices they cost at any fast food place or gas station, could you really afford one everyday? No, at least I can't! I decided to try my hand at saving some money and still getting what I want in the morning...


I was at the supermarket today and found some mini ciabatta buns in the discount bread area!  I took advantage of the low price of day old (maybe 2) bread... $1.49 for 12!  I had to get deli ham anyways for lunches, so I grabbed a little extra and got home to start!

First I used my PC brownie pan to make egg patties. These are the perfect size for the buns!


Then I prepared my buns.


Added ham, then cheese.  I used pepper jack from a 1 pound block I sliced up.  Buying a pound block and slicing your own cheese can be much more budget friendly!


Finally I put the top bun on and packaged them in lunch ziplock bags making sure to take all the air out as I sealed them.


Now they are in my freezer!


All you need to do is remove them from the bag and wrap loosely in a paper towel and microwave for about 1.5 minutes in the morning.  Great for on the go busy mornings!  Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment