Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weasley Crafting


So, I'm a knitting loom dork!

While I was deployed a few years back, my Sister in Law had sent me a loom and a bunch of yarn.  With nothing else to do when I wasnt either working or excercising, I decided to try it out.  My first projects were not the greatest, but hey when you first learn something you arent going to be a pro right away!

After a while, i got a lot better... and worked on my first real Harry Potter themed Knit project.  I made Ron's Animal Cracker dubbed hat.



Now since we are preparing for Japan, and Northern cold Japan at that... I am planning on giving the boys just what they always wanted!  Or as Mrs. Weasley says "It's just what you wanted, actually"  Knit hat, scarf and mitten sets, along with a little knit toy.  The start is below...



As I finish the rest of the presents, I'll sure to post them. 

This year will be a "Weasley Christmas" as we will not be able to carry a whole lot in our luggage to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment