Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cloth diapering in the hospital Part I

Packing the Diaper Bag
 
Prepping your diaper bag for the hospital is always a happy time, but sometimes it can also be stressful to know what you will need, especially if you are planning on doing cloth diapers in the hospital.  I wanted to share what we are bringing to the hospital, and I hope it helps you out if you were wondering what to bring when cloth diapering in the hospital.  I'll be sure to take pictures of the diapers on my little pumpkin once he is born and post in Part II.
 
 
    6 Lil Joey's to bring.
 
 
    8 Imagine X-Small prefolds, 2 Tiny covers from Assunta, and 1 Swaddlebees X-Small cover.
 
 
    5 Alva Baby Newborn diapers.
 
 
    5 Imagine Newborn All In Ones.
 
 
    2 BumGenious Newborn All In Ones.
 
That makes a total of 13 All In Ones, 5 Pockets, and 8 prefolds to use with 3 covers.  26 diapers for the time we are in the hospital should be enough for 2 days.  I am bringing my wetbag to keep all the dirty diapers in.  At the end of the day, I'll give my husband the dirties and he will wash them to bring back in the morning.  We have 2 kids at home, so him staying the night is just not going to happen.  This is good though, because he can wash and dry the diapers to bring in the next day and get enough rest to help me out during the days at the hospital.  If we should need more diapers (if some of these brands don't fit under the umbilical cord) then I can have my husband bring me a few more prefolds and diaper covers.
 
I can't wait to hold my pumpkin!  I also can't wait to use my cloth diapers!  Who can't resist the look of a cloth diaper on a baby? 
 
P.S. Don't worry, I'm not bringing the cabbage patch doll with me.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment