Sunday, January 26, 2014

A home-made table

So I have always wanted a farm table... You know one of those old rustic type that can fit your family, the family next door, and more! The kind that you can fit all your guest at when you host a party?

Well I decided to finally make one!  Why go out and buy one for like $900+ dollars? Why spend all that money when I could just make it myself?  That's just what I did!

First I went and priced the wood and stains... About $80 here in Japan... Would be cheaper if we were stateside... And drew up some plans...

I went out and bought the wood once I was ready...


Then I sold our old glass square table that just didn't work for us...  

I had my husband watch the kids while I started cutting and building...


Then I built some more!

Soon I had my table built!


All this took me about 6 hours from start to finish...

A week passed and I was able to devote more time to finishing the table... Firt I sanded it down... Then added stain... After 24 hours, I added the shellac...  

Voila!


Once I have finished cleaning up my work area and have a moment, I'll post the Final picture of our new table!



No comments:

Post a Comment